January 20, 2023
On your mark, get set, go! Before you sprint toward the finish line, let us take you to the expo and start lines. Below are ways to reach your destinations along with service impacts from the Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona events and the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona
- Friday & Saturday, Jan. 13 & 14
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona expo is at the Phoenix Convention Center
- Attendees should use 3rd St/Washington or 3rd St/Jefferson light rail station
- Saturday, Jan. 14
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona 5K begins at 8 a.m. on the Mill Avenue Bridge in Tempe
- Runners and spectators should use Mill Ave/3rd St light rail station
- Streetcar will be partially closed from Saturday at 11:30 a.m. to Sunday at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 15
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona race start times will take place between 7:20 a.m. and 7:50 a.m.
- Runners participating in the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K should exit at University Dr/Rural light rail station for start of race
- Service will continue through race crossings in Tempe, but there may be slight delays to allow safe passage for runners. Please allow extra time to reach your destination
- The end point for all races is on Mill Avenue Bridge, so expect light rail to have more riders around the downtown Tempe stations.
Several bus routes are on detour and streetcar service is impacted on Sunday morning. See all rider alerts for bus detours and closures by heading to valleymetro.org/news/operations-service/2023/01/2023-rock-n-roll-marathon-service-detours.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, Jan. 16
- Bus, light rail and streetcar will operate on a weekday schedule
- No Express or RAPID bus service
- Customer Service will be open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
For more information on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day holiday service visit valleymetro.org/news/operations-service/2023/01/martin-luther-king-jr-holiday-service.